Monday, January 31, 2011

Banshee's Screaming Dyno 29012011

Date: 29th January 2011
Time: After lunch (burp)
Location: GT-Auto, Sunway.

A fellow LYN forumer by the nick of "kcng" managed to organize a group dyno day @ GT-Auto for his Satria Neo Club with very good prices. So I decided to "piggyback" into the group as well. I was curious to see if Banshee was making the power it should. This could tell me if the engine is healthy or needs work...

I didnt manage to stay the entire session as I had an appointment. But I heard that the dyno went pretty smoothly and was a success. Everyone was happy with their results. Well, mostly everyone (have patience Azuma, slowly fix up the issues). And the best suprise of the day was a Proton Gen2 CPS. It was bone stock and even had the cat still on. By just changing the air filter and spark plugs, he managed to get the 2nd highest figure (for Proton engines) of the day that I know of with 120HP. Extremely impressive. Congrats on the results Paul (owner)!

All the cars that attended that day were NA based cars. Mostly Proton's Campro engines with a few Proton CPS engines. There was also 1 MIVEC & 1 VTEC to complete the group...Unfortunately there were no turbos in the group. Would have been nice to have a turbo to give a nice good mix.

Highest figure of the day (that I know of) for Proton engines (and 3rd overall) came from a Satria Neo. Non-CPS. Just the normal Campro. Managed to push out 134.77HP with 151.90nm Torque. HP figure is almost reaching stock Big V B16A on wheel figures and Torque figure is already surpassing B16A on wheel figures... This is impressive, especially for a campro. Whats done to the car, me dunno. Owner has a very decent result, but I guess it still hasnt reached his target with all the mods hes done to the car coz it seems hes slightly disappointed with it...though not as disappointed as Azuma with his Waja CPS...Poor boy...Anyway, the owner of the highest Proton engine figure was kcng himself. The organizer. You may not be happy with your result, but its still an impressive one by Campro standards. Its also pretty decent by B16A standards!

The 2 highest figures came from the only 2 non-Proton engines. 2nd place was a Satria 4G92 MIVEC 1.6. Even with tuning issues and running very rich. The MIVEC managed to get a decent & healthy 147HP. He just needs some management and tune it properly and I believe he should be able to gain even more power from his MIVEC. and after that perhaps a high compression 4G93 block? Heh heh heh

Highest (and loudest) of the day was Banshee, which was also the only non-Proton car there. But of course, I was also the only non-1.6L engine there with a 2.0L under the hood. I would cut my own throat with a blunt plastic butter knife if I didnt get a good result there with a 2.0L VTEC. heh

Heres some pix of Banshee during the dyno..









And heres a video of Banshee's Dyno runs... it was so friggin loud. With all the other cars, people were standing around talking etc etc... But with Banshee's scream, almost everyone had their fingers shoved into the ears, and a few that actually walked out...I couldnt cover my ears due to the video, and I was standing right next to the source of the noise, the side plant hahahaha...Forgive the shaky hands as well as the quality. Vid was with a Sony Ericsson C905 Mobile Phone.

I strongly suggest turning down your volume before playing the vid and slowly increasing it as it goes. Coz the video even starts off pretty loud.




Here's the result of Banshee's dyno


I spoke to Thomas (who was the guy doing the Dyno runs) and he suggested that i engage my VTEC a lil earlier and also go higher compression. Good. Coz its all part of the plan...heheheh

Overall I am happy with the result Banshee got. Though I was hoping for 20kgm torque, getting almost 19 is also pretty decent in my book. Especially considering this is the torqiest (is that spelling right?) car I've ever owned.

Thanks kcng for organizing and also thanks for allowing me to piggyback in the event!

No comments:

Post a Comment