Thursday, June 23, 2011

HKS SPF Element

Its been a long while since I've updated this blog... Banshee has had a couple of updates.

So heres the first of the updates.

First off, I’m using HKS SPF Air filter for my car.. and I find that the filter element has become a lil hard. So I decided to get a replacement element from Samurai Racing in Sunway. Forgot the exact cost, but its roughly less than RM90 if I remember correctly. And this is for the original element. There are a lot of fakes out there, so if you want the original element, remember to go to trustworthy or reputable shops that you or a lot of your friends are confident they sell originals.

The replacement element itself


Check out the comparison between old and new. I actually didn’t realize that the old element was so friggin dirty! I was shocked when I saw the difference and was so glad to have decided to change the element.


Heres a comparison of the inner side


Element installed and compared with the old…


I gotta say, it does make the engine bay a lil more cheerful with that bright green instead of that black oily crap on the old element hahahahhaa



So make sure to check your element if you’re using the same filter as I am. And check regularly. There is a recommended interval to replace the element. Something like 80,000 kms or something like that. Cant really remember. Go check it out yourself.

Personally, I am not really a fan of the HKS SPF or the mushroom filters as theyre called. But it came with the car so I’ll use it first. I’m planning on changing it to the Blox filter and later on maybe to the Blitz SUS stainless steel filter. Both filters I plan to pair with a Velocity Stack from BPI most likely. Read HERE to find out why I wanna install the stack

And here is a BPI STACK COMPARITIVE DYNO RESULTS

And speaking of stacks, something I discovered while changing the element and to me is a plus point towards the HKS SPF. If you look at the picture below, you’ll see that the HKS SPF already has a velocity stack built in.!

No comments:

Post a Comment